3 September 2009

What I Should Never Have Purchased!

I recently purchased a beautiful "inovix Mp4 Player" from Amazon.co.uk. It's without doubt, a gorgeous, head-turning little device. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about its practicality or internal technology. The "Slipstream400" can't manage anything like the performance speed a regular player is able to achieve. I believe this is down to its process-demanding graphics, and futile transition animations.
This product was by no means an inexpensive gadget either, setting me back £79. Buying this in confidence, has now ironically subdued any future confidence I will have when in a similar scenario. I realised very hastily that the product wasn't up to my (and I'm sure, others') standards.
Firstly, its tiny buttons and sliders are very difficult to operate. This coupled with my tendancy to constantly skip through tracks and alter the volume level doesn't help this habbit of mine at all.
Secondly, like many other multimedia players and mobile phones, the charging port is covered by a flexible, pull-out latex layer. This poor innovation was subsequently lost during a gym session on the treadmills, leaving the electronics open to an invasion of moisture and dust.
Whilst in play-mode, it also became extremely over heated and automatically tripped (presumably to prevent electrical component damage). It had been playing for approximately 2 hours at this point!
It then prevented me from re-booting the player for a further 10 minutes.
In all honesty, the "Slipstream400" is a beautiful machine but lacks a decent (non over-heating) processor and cooling system.
Ultimately, after purchasing this player, I've decided never again to do so again over the internet - with its pretty pictures, without personal inspection and approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment